Gobble! Gobble! A delicious Disney Inspired Turkey Charcuterie Board with applewood smoked bacon, Mickey shaped eggs, and pumpkin Mickey waffles. Not only is it a fun breakfast board for kids, but it's also perfect to serve on Thanksgiving morning.
Friends, this board is filled with all the flavors of fall and is so EASY to make with just a few ingredients. I mean who doesn't love breakfast, especially when there's a turkey with Mickey ears! Because we all know Mickey shaped food makes everything taste that much better!
Without a doubt, everyone will go nuts over how cute and tasty this Turkey Charcuterie Board is.
Ingredients For A Turkey Breakfast Board
- Applewood smoked bacon
- Maple sausage links
- Fresh sage leaves
- Dried orange slices
- Trader Joe's Pumpkin Waffle Mix
- Green seedless grapes
- Bartlett pear
- Global eggplant
- Sugar eyeballs
- Pecan halves
How To Make A Mickey Turkey
The star of the show is of course the turkey, so I start here first. I use a Bartlett pear because of its elongated shape. Slice it in half and cut about 1 inch off the top of the pear.
- For the Mickey ears, I use a Global eggplant. Next, I use a 2.75 inch Mickey cookie cutter, and punch out my Mickey shape. Then, I take my punched out eggplant and cut just beneath the ears.
- For the turkeys facial features, I use two sugar eyes which I attach with just a bit of cream cheese to help secure it in place.
- Next, cut your orange in eighths. Take a wedge and slice a small rectangular shape for the turkey's beak. Stick it just below the eyes, a little off centered.
- For the turkeys snood, take a medium size strawberry and slice in half. Cut a very thin sliver of strawberry and place it directly next to the orange "beak."
- Finally, place two pecan halves for the turkey's feet.
For this Disney Inspired Turkey Charcuterie Board, I use a board from Hearth and Hand with Magnolia. It's an oversized board and it fits lots and lots of goodies.
Not only is is a beautiful rustic board, it's the perfect size for large gatherings, like Thanksgiving. But feel free to use any round board or platter that you have. Just make sure it's big so you have enough room to fan out all the ingredients.
First, I start with smaller size items like blueberries, grapes and blackberries to go around my Mickey turkey. As I make my way up, I begin to use larger size elements and fan them out to create the look of turkey feathers.
The bacon slices give it that dramatic effect and because I'm a big bacon lover, I always use it in my breakfast boards.
The Mickey waffles are pumpkin flavor and I used maple sausage, sage leaves and dried orange slices to bring the warmth and comforting flavors of the season.
Because, I almost always have eggs for breakfast I made sure to add them to this turkey board. To make them Mickey shaped, I bake them inside my silicone Mickey muffin mold.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRYPrint
Gobble! Gobble! It's turkey season and what better way to celebrate than with this Disney Inspired Turkey Charcuterie Board. This board is full of fall flavors like pumpkin Mickey waffles, maple sausage, fresh sage leaves and dried orange slices. Impress your family with this magical board on Thanksgiving morning.
- 1 lb Applewood smoked bacon
- 1 lb Maple sausage links
- 6-8 Strawberries
- 10-12 Green seedless grapes
- 6 Blackberries
- 6 Blueberries
- 8 pumpkin flavor waffles, Mickey shaped
- 1 bunch Fresh sage leaves
- 5 eggs, prepared in Mickey silicone muffin mold
- 1 (5.3 oz) Trader Joe's Dried orange slices
- 1 Bartlett pear
- 1 Orange
- 2 each Pecan Halves
- 2 each Edible sugar eyes
- 1 Global eggplant
- Use a 20"-22" round wood board or any large round board or serving platter you have.
- Cut the Bartlett pear in half. Slice 1" off the top of the pear. Place the cut side down on the bottom of the board.
- For the Mickey ears, use a 2.75" Mickey cookie cutter. Slice eggplant in half and punch out Mickey shape with cookie cutter. Make a straight line cut just beneath the ears. Discard the bottom portion and place the ears directly on top of pear.
- Attach the edible eyes by spreading a tiny amount of peanut butter to secure them in place.
- Add orange slice for beak and a sliver of strawberry for snood.
- Place two pecans at the bottom of the pear for the turkey's feet.
- Arrange blueberries, blackberries and grapes around Mickey turkey and begin building your way up.
- Next, arrange Mickey waffles in a row.
- Fan out bacon slices to create turkey feather look. Make sure to go around the entire board.
- Add maple sausage links on top of bacon.
- Tuck sage leaves behind sausage links.
- Place dried orange slices on the rim of the board.
- Place Mickey shaped eggs on top of orange slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: charcuterie board, breakfast charcuterie, thanksgiving breakfast