This decadent and easy to make fudgy mug brownie will literally melt in your mouth. It has a luscious chocolate, gooey center and is topped off with vanilla ice cream. It's rich and delicious and can you believe it's ready to eat in under 5 minutes.
If I had to describe this fudgy mug brownie, I would say it's a cross between a rich chocolate brownie and a molten lava cake. The best part is you don't need any fancy equipment or tools.
Just your favorite Disney mug, a microwave and you are golden my friend!
If you are a looking for more chocolate recipes, try my Mickey campfire s'mores nachos and Cruella chocolate chip cheesecake.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- Chocolate brownie- This brownie is made with dark chocolate and cocoa powder which gives it an intense chocolate flavor. It's a chocolate lovers dream!
- Vanilla ice cream- A scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream gives your mouth a wonderful sensation of hot and cold.
- Easy to make- In less than 5 minutes, this dessert can be enjoyed without any baking at all.
- Single serving- This mug brownie is the perfect dessert when you are looking to satisfy a chocolate craving without the hassle of heating up the oven.
- Dark chocolate- Use a good quality chocolate. Ghirardelli and Trader Joe's are great and affordable options.
- Eggs- I always use large eggs in my recipes and pull them out ahead of time to bring them to room temperature.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter.
- Cocoa Powder- I use Dutch-process to give it a rich chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate chips- I use semi-sweet chocolate chips but you can also use milk chocolate if desired.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to prepare and cook this mug brownie.
STEP 1: Melt chocolate. First, place chocolate and butter over double boiler and stir until chocolate is melted. Set aside.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients together. Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in separate bowl. Set aside.
STEP 3: Whip egg and sugar. Combine egg, vanilla and sugar in bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
STEP 4: Mix the wet ingredients. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Mix until combined.
STEP 5: Mix the batter. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Use a spatula and gently fold until mixture is evenly incorporated.
STEP 6: Cook the brownie. Pour batter into greased mug. Place chocolate truffle in center of batter. Cook inside microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds to 2 minutes.
STEP 7: Top with ice cream. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of warm mug brownie and sprinkle with crushed Heath Bar.
WHAT SIZE MUG TO USE
I would suggest using nothing smaller than a 12 ounce coffee mug for this fudgy mug brownie recipe. It's deep enough for the batter to cook and expand and leaves plenty of room for ice cream.
EXPERT TIPS FOR MAKING A MUG BROWNIE
Use the correct size mug. This brownie can be made in a 12 ounce to a 16 ounces mug.
Be careful not to overcook your brownie, which can lead to it being dry and tough.
Looking for a fun twist. Substitute the chocolate truffle for raspberry jam, nutella or chopped nuts.
My recipe requires eggs! But you can certainly search for eggless mug brownies/cakes if you would prefer not to use them.
Yes! If you prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate, you can certainly substitute. Due to milk chocolate having more sugar, this may make your brownie more sweet.
Make sure that your mug is ceramic and is microwave-safe.
Test if it's done by gently touching the tops with your fingers. It will be slightly sticky but not wet. Also, the brownie will begin to pull away from the sides of the mug.
STORING AND FREEZING
Because this is a cook and serve type of dessert, I wouldn't recommend storing or freezing it for later.
It's a quick fix when you are craving chocolate and want something sweet. Since it's a single serving, you shouldn't have any problems with leftovers.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY
Make sure to leave me a star review below.
Make sure to tag me on Instagram @theepicureanmouse. I hope you enjoy it! Also, to get more fun and delicious ideas follow me on Pinterest.
Fudgy Mug Brownie
- 3 ounces Chocolate chips Semi-sweet
- 2 ounces Butter Unsalted
- 1 each Egg Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sugar White, granulated
- 2 tablespoon Flour All purpose
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder Dutch-process
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch Salt Kosher
- 1 each Chocolate truffle Lindt
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in bowl over double boiler. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium size bowl. Whisk until combined. Add cooled melted chocolate and stir until completely incorporated.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder over chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spray non-stick spray inside 12 ounce ceramic, microwave-safe mug. Spoon batter into mug. Press chocolate truffle in the center of batter.
- Microwave on full powder for 1 minute and 45 seconds to 2 minutes. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and sprinkle crushed Heath Bar on top. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply