Have you ever tried Mexican Sweet Corn Cake? It's insanely delicious and dangerous at the same time.
If you are a lover of cornbread, this will be your new favorite. This sweet corn cake is not only moist, but incredibly tender and loaded with corn flavor.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- Easy to make- This sweet corn cake recipe only has three ingredients and is ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
- Cream of corn- Adds an elevated richess to this dish.
- Butter- Using butter gives this dish great flavor and extra moisture.
In my earlier years, while I was attending culinary school, my boyfriend (who is now my husband) would always eat out on the weekend. Our favorite place to dine was El Torito's or Chevy's restaurant.
We loved their chips and salsa but more than anything, we were obsessed with their sweet corn cake. No matter what we ordered off their menu, you better believe there would be a double order of their sweet corn cake.
Years ago, I found a Copycat recipe for this amazing sweet corn cake and while I loved making it, I didn't always have the ingredients inside my pantry. Masa and shortening, to name a few, are not items I use very often.
I appreciate the idea of making everything from scratch, when the time allows for it. I also appreciate using good store bought items, like Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix and making it easy on myself. Feel free to use your favorite cornbread mix for this recipe.
This recipe has 3 store bought items, cornbread mix, cream style corn and butter. It doesn't get much easier than that!
You can easily mix and bake this in less than 30 minutes. Instead of making cornbread to go along side your chili, try making this Mexican Sweet Corn Cake, Mickey shaped of course. You will not be disappointed!Print
Made with just 3 store bought ingredients, this soft and fluffy Mexican Sweet Corn is the best side dish to any meal.
- 1 (15 oz) Sweet cream corn
- 8.5 oz Trader Joe's Cornbread mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9" pie pan with non-stick spray to evenly coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- In a medium size bowl, add cornbread mix, sweet cream corn, and melted butter. Whisk together until completely incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Keywords: sweet corn, mexican corn cake, corn, side dish