Welcome foolish mortals to my Halfway To Halloween celebration! What better way to enjoy the most spooktacular time of year than with these Minnie Witch Rice Krispies Treats.
Not only are they one of my most favorite Disneyland Halloween time treats. But did you know that they are incredibly easy to make at home.
Halloween time at Disneyland is so magical to me. The decorations, the characters dressed in costume and most of all the food are all the things that bring so much excitement during this time of year.
Throughout the Halloween season, Disneyland creates some of the most delicious and frightful treats and eats in the parks. This Minnie Witch Rice Krispies is one of them and let me be the first to say, they are amazing.
WHAT IS HALFWAY TO HALLOWEEN
Halfway to Halloween is the halfway point, usually around 6 months until the ghostly holiday.
With springtime, brings warmer weather and I find myself missing the cool breezes and delightful warm smells of the fall. To me, it's the perfect time to begin planning for this year's celebrations.
FUN WAYS TO CELEBRATE
- Movie Night: Throw a not so scary movie night at home. Some of my favorites include Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, The Nightmare Before Christmas and we can't forget the classic The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad.
- Make it smell like Halloween: Pull out those pumpkin spice and everything nice candles to help bring the fall scents into your home.
- Decorate: You don't have to over do it, but maybe a lit up pumpkin or some bats and spider webs would create the perfect Halloween mood.
- Halloween Treats and Eats: Create a Halloween inspired menu and let the kiddos help and be involved.
- Candy: Head on over to the store and grab a few bags of yours and your kids favorite candy.
- Rice Krispies Treats Cereal Bars: I soften them inside the microwave for about 15-20 seconds and typically use 2 for each Minnie Rice Krispie.
- Mickey Shaped Cookie Cutter: I have a variety of sizes and use them for everything. The ones at Disneyland are big but you can always make them smaller. The one I use is from Amazon and is the perfect size for these treats.
- Melted Chocolate: Try and use a good tasting chocolate. One that I use is Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers.
- Purple Icing: You can make your own Royal Icing at home or places like Michael's and Joann's have them premade for you.
- Purple Sanding Sugar: Wilton Brand has a great coarse purple colored sugar.
- Reese's Pieces Candy: You wont need a whole lot so stop by the candy section and pick up the small movie size boxes for just a buck.
- Popsicle Sticks
- Fuschia and Orange Colored Fondant: It might be cheaper to buy the single size pack of white fondant and take some food gel to dye color.
- Medium Size Witch Cookie Cutter: I didn't have one on hand so i printed one on cardstock and used an exacto knife to cut out my fondant pieces. The hat was about 2".
- Minnie Mouse Bow Cookie Cutter: You can find them on Etsy or other websites that sell cookie or fondant cutters.
HOW TO STORE RICE KRISPIES TREATS
After your Minnie Rice Krispies Treats are dry and decorated, place them into a covered container or Ziploc bag. Make sure they are flat so the witch hat does not get damaged or broken.
If you plan to stack them, I would separate each one with a piece of parchment or wax paper. They will remain fresh for up to 5 days, even though they never last more than a day or two in my home!
OTHER HALLOWEEN RECIPES TO TRYPrint
These Minnie Witch Rice Krispies Treats are the perfect way to bring the magic of Disney's Halloween season into your home.
- 8 each Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats Cereal Bars
- 1 (10 oz) bag Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 (8 oz) Pouch purple decorating icing, such as Wilton Brand
- 1 (3.25 oz) Purple sanding sugar, Wilton Brand
- 1 (4.4 oz) package Fuschia/Burgundy and orange colored fondant (Satin Ice brand)
- 1 box Reese's Pieces
- Roll out fuschia and orange fondant to about ¼" thick. Cut out with witch cookie cutter and Minnie shaped bow. Leave to dry overnight to ensure it hardens.
- Unwrap individual RKT and place them in the microwave. Heat for 15-20 seconds.
- Spray Mickey shaped cookie cutter and fingers with non stick spray. (This will help with RKT from sticking to your fingertips).
- Place warm, melted RKT into cookie cutter, I use 2 for each Minnie RKT pop.
- Press down firmly to pack it inside. Make sure to spread it out evenly especially in the ear portion.
- Carefully lift cookie cutter up and place onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Repeat process for remaining RKT.
- Once you are finished and they have had time to set and harden up slightly. Add popsicle stick through the center part of the RKT.
- Next, place chocolate wafers inside bowl and microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir and reheat until completely melted.
- Take each RKT and dip into melted chocolate. Place back onto parchment lined sheet pan.
- Once chocolate has set, take purple icing and starting just below the ears, outline and fill in with purple icing. Do not drown it, just enough to coat.
- Generously sprinkle with purple sanding sugar.
- While the icing is still wet, decorate with Reese's pieces.
- With a small amount of melted chocolate, place a small dab to secure Minnie's witch hat and bow.
- Allow RKT to set for at least 1 hour or until icing has hardened.
Plan to make Minnie's witch hat the day before you make the RKT. This will allow enough time for the fondant to harden and avoid breakage.
Keywords: rice krispies treats, mickey rice krispies, minnie witch, halloween treat