Vanilla honey French toast sticks are one of my absolute favorite breakfast items to make. Rich brioche, dipped in a sweet vanilla custard, flavored with a hint of orange and cooked in butter until golden brown.
How heavenly does this sound? I also love the way my kitchen smells every time I make them. There is nothing better than the smell of butter and cinnamon with honey.
I always keep a loaf of Brioche inside my freezer. It's my go to bread whenever I'm making French Toast.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- Easy to make- This vanilla honey french toast is a simple recipe to make and is ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
- Brioche bread- Buttery brioche bread is the best way to enjoy french toast. It holds its shape and soaks up all the delicious custard.
- Honey- Honey lightly sweetens this custard and is also lovely to drizzle on top once the french toast has cooked.
THE BEST BREAD FOR FRENCH TOAST
- Brioche: Lightly sweetened, yeast bread made with lots of eggs and butter. This bread is rich and buttery and can hold up very well to the custard. This is my first choice and favorite bread when I make French toast.
- Challah: Pronounced haa-lah, is made with yeast and enriched with eggs but is not as buttery as Brioche. It's typically braided and it makes the most beautiful presentation.
- Texas Toast or White Bread: If all else fails, good old white bread is always an option. Just make sure not to soak it for too long or else your bread will fall apart.
When I'm making these vanilla honey French toast sticks, I like to have a little assembly line inside my kitchen. It makes it so much easier and faster.
While I'm cooking a batch in the pan, I'm placing a second batch of brioche inside the custard to soak. Once I'm done with the first batch, the second batch is ready to go into the pan.
Serve this French toast with a generous portion of maple syrup or a drizzle of honey. They also taste great with a side of fresh berries and Applewood smoked bacon.
If you are a breakfast lover like I am, make sure to check out the recipes below.Print
These incredibly easy Vanilla Honey French Toast Sticks will fill your home with the most delightful smells and bring everyone to the table. Made with warm notes of cinnamon and vanilla, this recipe will become a staple in your kitchen.
- 10 Slices of brioche bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Half and half
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp Honey, plus more for drizzling
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Powder sugar for dusting
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Cut each slice into thirds
- Combine half and half, eggs, vanilla bean paste, honey, cinnamon, salt and orange zest into large bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Working in batches, dip slices into custard mixture coating all sides. Make sure each slice is well soaked with custard.
- Shake off any excess liquid and place soaked slices onto a clean plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2-3 tablespoon of butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add several soaked slices into the pan. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and dust with powder sugar and drizzle with honey.
Keywords: french toast, breakfast, brunch, best, brioche, honey