Easter season is just around the corner and these Easter mini egg cookie bars are soft, chewy squares of goodness. These bars are studded with colorful mini chocolate eggs and are the perfect spring treat!
Easter mini egg cookie bars have golden crisp edges but moist, chocolatey centers. If you are a fan of M&M Mini Eggs and chocolate chip cookies, you will absolutely go nuts over these Easter cookie bars.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS
- Stays soft and chewy for days. These cookie bars will last several days without drying out.
- Super easy to make. Just mix and drop into pan without having to scoop or refrigerate dough.
- Dense and buttery. These cookie bars have a great butter flavor and slightly underdone centers.
- Loaded with chocolate. These have a generous portion of white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips and M&M chocolate eggs.
- Use up leftover Easter candy. This cookie dough is the perfect canvas to use up all that extra chocolate Easter candy.
Here are some notes on ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, check out the recipe card below.
- Butter- I use unsalted butter and leave at room temperature for 2 hours before baking.
- Sugar- I like to use a combination of granulated sugar and light brown sugar. It creates a moist and chewy texture and a hint of caramel flavor from the molasses.
- Eggs- Pull the eggs out at room temperature 1-2 hours before baking.
- Mini chocolate eggs- I use an assortment of colorful M&M Mini Eggs. They have a nice crackly shell which makes these bars extra delicious.
- Kosher salt- Salt helps balance out the sweetness and enhances the flavor.
- White chocolate chips- I use Ghirardelli Premium White Chocolate Chips. They hold their shape when baking and do not taste artificial.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make and bake these Easter cookie bars.
STEP 1: Prepare your pan and preheat oven. Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray and line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
STEP 2: Mix the dry ingredients. Use a sifter to sift flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
STEP 3: Cream butter and sugars. Next, add softened butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar to stand mixer. Whip for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
STEP 4: Mix in wet ingredients. Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
STEP 5: Add the flour mixture. Combine flour mixture into egg and butter mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
STEP 6: Fold in chocolate. Remove bowl from stand mixer and stir in white chocolate chips and mini chocolate eggs.
STEP 7: Transfer cookie dough to pan. Scrape dough into prepared pan and spread evenly with spatula.
STEP 8: Bake cookie bars. Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and mini eggs on top. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
STEP 9: Cool cookie bars. Let cool in baking dish completely before removing from pan, at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
Make sure to line baking pan with parchment paper. This will make it so simple to remove cookie bars from the pan and then easily cut into squares.
Spread your cookie dough evenly. This will ensure even baking and avoid areas that are over baked and areas that are under baked.
Do not over bake. These cookie bars have crisp edges but are slightly under done in the middle.
Halfway during baking, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and mini chocolate eggs on top. This will help make a beautiful and colorful presentation.
To get the perfect slice, dip a sharp knife inside a tall glass or container of hot water for 20-30 seconds. Wipe blade with paper towel to remove excess water. Slice into even squares.
You can use any type of Easter chocolate candy, such as peanut M&M's, Cadbury Mini Eggs, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips. Just make sure it's colorful and tasty!
Test with a wooden toothpick. If it comes out with just a few cookie crumbs, the bars are done. Each oven is different but I suggest checking at 25 minutes and add additional time if needed.
I suggest letting the bars cool for a minimum of 30 minutes. Removing them too soon can cause them to break. You can also place them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed up the process.
Score the bars with your knife before you make a complete cut. This will help you visually see your squares and avoid any mistakes.
STORING AND FREEZING
You can store these Easter mini egg cookie bars inside an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Wrap your cookie squares well with plastic wrap. If planning to stack them, make sure to place a piece of parchment in between each bar to prevent them from sticking. Freeze cookie bars for up to 3 months.
Thaw bars overnight inside refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY
Make sure to leave a star review below.
Easter Mini Egg Cookie Bars
- 2 sticks Unsalted butter Softened
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup White granulated sugar
- 2 each eggs Large, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips Ghirardelli, divided
- 2 cups chocolate mini eggs M&M, divided
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips Dark chocolate Ghirardelli
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Inside stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes. Mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. Take bowl off mixer and mix in 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup M&M chocolate eggs by hand.
- Scrape dough into prepared pan and spread evenly with spatula. Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining white chocolate chips, M&M chocolate eggs and mini dark chocolate chips. Place back inside oven and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cookie bars cool for a minimum of 30 minutes. Slice into 18 even squares.