These Biscoff Pancakes are incredibly soft and fluffy. They are drizzled with melted Biscoff and topped with crushed Biscoff cookies to give you the ultimate cookie butter flavor.
Biscoff pancakes have a sweet caramel flavor and the toastiness of freshly baked cookies. They literally melt in your mouth from all the buttery and brown sugar goodness.
They go perfect on any breakfast board and taste delicious with fresh fruit. These pancakes will become a staple in your home and you will never want plain old pancakes ever again!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Buttermilk pancakes. The buttermilk inside these pancakes make them extra tender and fluffy. They have a tiny bit of tang and go so well with the buttery melted Biscoff spread.
- Biscoff spread. This deep caramel flavored spread has just the right amount of spice. It's rich and velvety once it is melted inside the microwave.
- Biscoff cookies. You can't have these cookie butter pancakes with out some crushed up cookies. They add the perfect amount of crunch and make them extra delicious.
- Mickey shaped. The batter is cooked inside Mickey Mouse silicone pancake molds. The kids will have so much fun eating these magical shaped pancakes.
Here are some notes on the ingredients. For a full list of ingredients, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Biscoff spread- I melt this inside the microwave and add it to my pancake batter as well as drizzle it on top. You can also serve extra on the side for those who want to add more.
- Biscoff cookies- I place these cookies inside a Ziplock freezer bag and with a rolling pin or mallet, crush them until they are ground.
- Buttermilk- Adds a bit of tang and also makes them soft and fluffy. Substitute 1 cup of whole milk with 1 tablespoon of lemon just incase you do not have any on hand.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure instead of imitation for the best flavor.
- Butter- I use unsalted butter and melt it inside the microwave.
- Baking powder + baking soda- Both are used to help these pancakes rise.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Here is how to make these cookie butter flavored pancakes.
STEP 1: Combine dry ingredients. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt inside bowl.
STEP 2: Mix wet ingredients. In separate bowl add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk until combined.
STEP 3: Mix wet and dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
STEP 4: Rest batter. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. This will help activate the baking powder and baking soda.
STEP 5: Cook pancakes. Preheat nonstick griddle to 325 degrees. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter so that they are even in size and thickness. Wait for bubbles to form and pop before flipping them over. They will be a light golden brown.
STEP 6: Garnish pancakes. Plate pancakes and drizzle heavily with melted Biscoff spread. Add crushed Biscoff cookies and serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Allow your pancake batter to rest for 10 minutes. This will activate the leavening agents and allow the gluten to relax.
If your pancake batter is too thick, you can add a splash of milk to loosen it up.
Make sure your pan or griddle is preheated and hot to prevent the batter from sticking.
When cooking your pancakes, always make sure to wait until tiny bubbles form AND begin to pop. This is a good indication that they are ready to turn.
Always sift your dry ingredients. This will get all the lumps out and prevent them from forming when you add the liquids.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Biscoff has a deep cinnamon-caramel flavor and warm spices. It's very similar to a gingersnap cookie.
Add Biscoff into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 10-20 seconds. If you have any leftover, let it set to its original consistency and spoon back into original container.
Peanut butter or Nutella would be great on top of these pancakes.
STORING AND FREEZING
Store leftover Biscoff pancakes in the fridge inside an airtight container for up to 5 days. To reheat, place inside toaster oven with a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top. Heat for 5-10 minutes until warm.
Freeze the leftover pancakes in an airtight container or wrapped in foil and placed inside a Ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 30 days.
Reheat inside microwave or toaster oven.
OTHER DISNEY INSPIRED RECIPES TO TRY
Make sure to leave a star review below. I hope you love this recipe!
Mickey Biscoff Pancakes
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon White granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Biscoff spread
- 2 Eggs large
- 2 tablespoon Butter unsalted, melted
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- ½ cup Biscoff spread
- Biscoff cookies crushed
- Mixed berries and bananas optional
- Maple syrup optional
Mickey Biscoff Pancakes
- Inside large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, add buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Do not over mix. Set aside and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up nonstick griddle to 325 degrees. Scoop pancake batter into greased Mickey silicone molds or make into traditional round pancakes.
- Once bubbles begin to form and pop, flip pancakes over. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with melted Biscoff spread. Add crushed Biscoff cookies on top and serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup.