These easy garlic parmesan bread bites are the perfect appetizer and finger food for your next party. They are made with store bought pizza dough and brushed with a delicious homemade garlic herb butter and topped with parmesan cheese.
Your guests will go nuts over these garlic parmesan bread bites. Soft bites of pizza dough, brushed with fragrant garlic butter, parmesan cheese, and baked to perfection. What's not to love about this appetizer?
Not only are they delicious, but so easy to make!
For other delicious starters, make sure to try my Easy Sourdough Garlic Bread and Mickey Pretzels with Cheese Sauce.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Kid-friendly- Your kids will devour these little bites of garlicky goodness. They are great to serve for games nights and movie nights. Might I suggest even letting the kiddos help make them. They will appreciate them even more!
- Easy appetizer- This recipe uses store bought pizza dough and a quick and easy garlic herb butter that can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- Feeds a crowd- These pizza bites are great if you are expecting a large crowd. They are also a fun side to serve for pasta or pizza night.
- Full of flavor- Soft and tender on the inside and golden brown on the outside. These doughy bites are full of garlic flavor and have a slight nuttiness from the parmesan cheese.
- Store bought pizza dough- I love Trader Joe's pre-made pizza dough. It's easy to work with, great chewy texture and is only $2 for a pound of dough. Feel free to use your favorite store bought pizza dough.
- Garlic- I love using fresh garlic. Not the stuff you buy in a bottle already chopped up. Make sure to use fresh garlic cloves for the best flavor.
- Butter- You can use unsalted or salted butter. I use Challenge butter in this recipe.
- Parsley- You can use either fresh or dried.
- Dried Italian seasoning- You can also use dried oregano.
- Parmesan cheese- I use a wedge and grate it on a microplane. It makes the cheese soft and fluffy and melts nicely.
- Marinara Sauce- Use store bought or make your own.
Step By Step Instructions
STEP 1: Line baking pan. Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Roll pizza dough. On a clean surface, lightly dust with flour. Roll dough into square, about ½" thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1" strips. Cut each strip into 1" bite sized pieces. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
STEP 3: Make garlic butter. Place butter inside a small sauce pan; heat until melted. Add chopped garlic, dried herbs and salt. Heat for 1 minute just until the garlic becomes fragrant. Remove from heat.
STEP 4: Coat bread bites. Spoon or brush garlic herb butter onto each pizza nugget. Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto top of each pizza bite (you will do this again once they are finished baking).
STEP 5: Bake pizza bites. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Be sure not to over bake or else they will become dry.
STEP 6: Brush with second coat. Once the bread bites come out of the oven, brush them with a second coat of the garlic herb butter (reheat butter if it has cooled). Lastly, grate extra parmesan cheese on top.
Serve warm with marinara sauce or your favorite sauce.
Expert Baking Tips
Do not over bake the pizza bites. Once they turn a light golden brown, remove them from the oven. This will allow them to continue to cook as they cool, but also remain soft and fluffy inside.
To give these pizza bites an extra kick, add your favorite herbs or even a light sprinkling of red pepper flakes for some heat.
Use a wedge of parmesan cheese and hand-grate the cheese. I like to use a microplane for a soft and fluffy texture. This will also ensure the cheese melts perfectly on top of the warm bread bites.
These bread bites are best enjoyed when they are warm. Serve them when they come out of the oven for the best flavor and texture.
While I love these pizza bites with warm marinara sauce, here are some other delicious ways to enjoy them.
- Ranch dressing
- Pesto sauce
- Cheese sauce
- Spinach and artichoke dip
- Herb infused oil
The pizza bites will turn a light golden brown once they are done baking. Do not over bake or else they will become dry, instead of soft and chewy.
Marinara, Alfredo sauce, pesto, and ranch dressing are all great options. They are also delicious with herb infused oils.
These pizza bites can go from soft and tender to hard and dry very quickly. Keep an eye on them as they are baking. Once they are golden brown, remove them from the even. They will continue to cook once they come out of the oven.
Storing and Freezing
Store these garlic parmesan bread bites inside an airtight container at room temperature for two days, or inside the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To reheat, place inside a toaster oven and heat until warm.
Freeze any leftover pizza bites inside an airtight container or Ziplock freezer bag for up to 4 weeks. To reheat, place frozen bread bites inside the toaster oven and heat until warmed through.
Other Savory Recipes To Try
If you decide to try this recipe, please make sure to leave a STAR RATING on the recipe card and leave a comment below. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Let's stay connected on social media. Tag me on Instagram @theepicureanmouse. Make sure to follow me on Pinterest for more delicious family recipes.
Easy Garlic Parmesan Bread Bites
- 1 lb Refrigerated pizza dough store bought or homemade
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 6 tablespoon Butter unsalted or salted, melted
- 4 cloves Garlic fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon Parsley dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with non stick spray.
- On a clean surface, dust lightly with flour. Roll dough into square, about ½" thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 1" strips. Cut each strip into 1" bite sized pieces. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place butter inside a small sauce pan; heat until melted. Add chopped garlic, dried herbs and salt. Heat for 1 minute just until the garlic becomes fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Spoon or brush garlic herb butter onto each pizza nugget. Sprinkle parmesan cheese onto top of each pizza bite (you will do this again once they are finished baking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Be sure not to over bake or else they will become dry.
- Once the bread bites come out of the oven, brush them with a second coat of the garlic herb butter (reheat butter if it has cooled). Lastly, sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce or your favorite sauce.
Leave a Reply