This homemade dragon fruit lemonade is filled with lots of bold tropical flavors and is super refreshing. With only 5 ingredients and only 10 minutes to whip up, this delicious summer drink will become your new favorite.
Summer sunshine calls for a nice cool me down drink and this dragon fruit lemonade is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It's not overly sweet and has a combination of mango nectar, white grape juice and lemonade.
Not to mention the most beautiful pink color! It really is the most perfect summer refreshment.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- Ultra refreshing. A great drink to beat the heat on summer days.
- Tropical flavors. With a blend of mango, white grape juice and lemonade, as well as chunks of dragon fruit, this drink will give you all the tropical feels.
- Simple to make. Ready in 10 minutes and only has 5 ingredients.
- Money saver. Save yourself some money and time and skip the line at Starbucks, and make this copycat drink at home.
- Dragon fruit power- Also known as Pitaya powder, this powder adds a beautiful color to this drink. You can find it on Amazon or health food stores.
- Dragon fruit- Fresh dragon fruit can be pricey and hard to find, so feel free to use frozen.
- Lemonade- I use store bought but you can also make homemade if you have lemons to squeeze.
- Mango juice- Also called mango nectar. Make sure to use 100% juice.
- White grape juice- You can find this in most supermarkets. Once again, use 100% juice for the best flavor.
WHAT IS DRAGON FRUIT
Dragon fruit also known as Pitaya is a beautiful tropical fruit. It grows on a climbing cactus called hylocereus. It's what gives this lemonade its vibrant deep, pink color. It's mildly sweet and has a soft texture similar to ripe kiwi.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Mix dragon fruit powder. First, add dragon fruit powder to glass pitcher.
STEP 2: Add juice. Next, measure out juice and whisk together to dissolve dragon fruit powder.
STEP 3: Mash dragon fruit. Using a mortar and pestle or back of a fork, mash dragon fruit.
STEP 4: Serve and garnish. Fill glasses with ice and pour finished drink inside. Add a spoonful of mashed dragon fruit. Garnish with sliced lemon and fresh mint.
If you plan on making this ahead of time, make sure to leave the ice out until you're ready to serve. It will prevent your lemonade from being watered down and losing some of its sweet flavor.
Use 100% juice instead of concentrate for all the juices. This will give you the best flavor.
Make sure to refrigerate after mixing your lemonade to allow all the flavors to blend together. Lemonade is also best served chilled, so allow a couple hours inside the refrigerator.
Yes, mix together dragon fruit powder and juices. Place inside refrigerator for a couple hours. When ready to serve, pour over ice and garnish with dragon fruit pieces, mint and lemon slices.
Since this recipe contains 100% juice and no added sugar, it's definitely a healthier choice compared to other drinks. Dragon fruit is also a good source of vitamin C.
Yes, this recipe does not have any caffeine, like the one served at Starbucks, so it's great for all ages. Kids and adults will love this drink.
STORING AND FREEZING
Store any leftover dragon fruit lemonade inside an airtight container or a pitcher with a lid so the lemonade stays as fresh as possible and doesn't absorb any strong odors from the refrigerator.
This lemonade will stay fresh inside the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
To extend the shelf life of this lemonade, you can store it in an airtight container and place it inside the freezer for up to 6 months. Make sure to leave ½" headspace at the top, as the liquid will expand when it freezes.
To thaw, place inside refrigerator overnight.
OTHER FAMILY RECIPES TO TRY
Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW below if you loved this recipe.
Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- 4 teaspoon Dragon fruit powder
- 1 cup Mango nectar
- 1 cup White grape juice
- 1 ½ cup Lemonade
- ½ cup Dragon fruit fresh or frozen
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Lemon slices garnish
- Ice cubes or crushed
- Place dragon fruit powder inside pitcher. Add white grape juice, mango nectar, and lemonade. Stir until well mixed and dragon fruit powder is dissolved.
- Using a mortar and pestle or fork, mash up dragon fruit.
- Fill glasses or mason jars with ice. Divide juice and top with crushed dragon fruit, lemon slice and fresh mint tips.